Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekly Menu 7/14 - 21

Wow!  After a few weeks of inconsistent shopping and planning due to a busy schedule, I am finally back to my normal routine!

Here is what we are planning on eating this coming week (I shop on Thursdays, so I plan my menu from Thursday to Friday).  At the end of the list, I've also given you my freezer cooking plan for the coming week!

Breakfast:
(breakfast at Grandparent's house)
yogurt / fruit
egg biscuits
cereal bar and/or Poptarts
Cinnamon Roll Biscuits (I will post this recipe after I make them if they are any good!)  :)
cereal in milk

Lunch:
(lunch at Grandparent's house)
deli meat / cheese / fruit (x2)
PB&J / cheese crackers / fruit
(lunch out)
chicken noodle soup / peanut butter crackers
grilled cheese / pretzels / fruit

Dinner:
Lasagne Casserole (see recipe below) / salad / bread
(dinner out)
Roast Sausage & Veggies / leftover salad / rice
Sloppy Joes / baked potatoes / corn
fish sticks / macaroni (kids only)
Dijon Chicken / rice / frozen steamed broccoli / pasta salad
hotdogs / frozen sweet potato fries


FREEZER-COOKING PLAN!

The past few weeks I have focused on breakfast items for my freezer cooking experiments.  I now have a freezer stocked full of breakfast burritos, muffins, mini cinnamon rolls, and pancakes!  This week, I decided I would try a few things we can use for future dinners.

On Friday night, I am planning on fixing a Lasagne Casserole and doubling the recipe so that I can put one in the freezer for later.  Here's the recipe...

Lasagne Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
8 oz uncooked noodles
1/3 to 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1, 15 oz can diced tomatoes
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
8 oz mozzarella, grated
1 tsp parsley
salt / pepper

Directions:
1.  Brown beef & onion together.
2.  Boil noodles according to package directions.
3.  Mix spaghetti sauce with tomatoes & beef.  Set 1/2 cup of mozzarella aside to sprinkle on top of casserole.  Combine rest of mozzarella, cottage cheese, eggs, parsley, and salt & pepper to taste.
4.  Layer 1/3 of meat sauce, then noodles, then cheese mixture in 9x13 pan.  Repeat 2 more times.  Sprinkle with cheese.
5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

**Recipe taken from http://www.moneysavingmom.com/**


We are also big fans of taco meat in our house.  I found a recipe for homemade taco seasoning that I decided I would try out!  If I go ahead and make the taco meat & then put it in the freezer, it will be ready for a quick dinner!  (I am planning on having "taco burgers" week after next - just put taco meat on buns and add shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream!  Yum!)


Homemade Taco Seasoning   (you can find the original recipe here)

Mix the following ingredients & store in an air-tight container for up to 6 months:

1/4 cup chili powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment