Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thrifty Thursday! 7/28

Today was a full day of shopping for me!  I made it to Target, CVS, Kroger, Dollar Tree, and Food Lion! 

My goal at Target was to pick up some clearanced toys.  Unfortunately, I didn't find any that I wanted or that were "cheap enough."  (Most things were only marked down 25 - 50%.)  I did, however, find some great deals on children's clothes and picked up a few things for my kids to wear this fall and next summer!  Here's what I got:


Total value: $70.80
Total amount spent out of pocket after sale prices: $25.33
Total saved:  $45.47 or 64%!


Next, it was on to CVS.  At first, I was disappointed b/c they were either sold out of what I wanted or the deals ended up not being as good as I thought.  However, as I walked around the store, I came across a few clearance and sale items that made for a few good buys!



The Tide Stain Release was on clearance for $3.36 and after a $3 coupon, cost me only $0.36!  Plus, the cereal was on sale 2/$4 and I had (2) $1.25 coupons, making them only $0.75 each!  The Crystal Light were coupon match-up deals - on sale for $2.50, I had a $1 CVS coupon from the coupon machine and a $1 manufacturer coupon that made them $0.50 each!  Plus, the soap was FREE after a CVS coupon I had!

Total value of 8 items:  $23.80
Total spent after sales, coupons, and ECB's:  $2.93  (I used $2 ECBs on this transaction)
Total saved: $20.87 or 88%!
Total ECB's received: $1.99


My trip to Kroger today wasn't all that thrilling.  I bought a $14 package of pull-ups that drove my total up.  They were totally out of all the cereal that I wanted from the mini mega-sale, though I did find some cereal / treat bars that were part of the sale that I decided to buy.   I ended up with mostly staple items - milk, yogurt, produce, fruit, lunchmeat, etc.



The Golden Grahams Treat bars above were $1.49 (if you bought 4 items in the mega sale).  I used (2) $0.50 coupons from the 7/10 SS to get them for $0.49 each.  The cereal bars were $1.89 (mega sale price) and I used (2) $0.50 (from the same insert??) that made them $0.89 each.  The sippy cups were buy one get one free - making this one $2.27 - not a bad price, especially since these cups are my favorite and we needed a new one!

Total value of 23 items: $71.63
Total spent after sales and coupons: $44.10
Total saved: $27.53 or 39%


After Kroger, I ran in the Dollar Tree to grab some bread.  I also ended up buying a package of Snapple ice pops as a treat for the girls.  I've never had these before, so I'm hoping they are good!



Total value / total spent: $3.08


My last stop of the day was Food Lion.  I had $4 in "Catalina money" that was going to expire, so I wanted to use it up.  Plus, they had a decent price on grapes and cheese this week.  I also ended up grabbing a FREE bottle of coffe creamer after a coupon I had been saving and a carton of Breyers ice cream.  (So, that was a little bit of a splurge!)  :)  I did find a good deal on 100 count boxes of Splenda packets - on sale for $3.  I used a $1 coupon that I printed from the Splenda website to get it for $2!

Total value of 6 items:  $25.06
Total spent after sales and coupons: $7.97
Total saved: $17.09 or 68%


All in all, it was a pretty good day!

Total value of all items purchased:  $194.37
Total amount spent after sales and coupons: $83.41
Total amount saved: $110.96 or 57%!

So, how have you done this week?  Come across any good deals?!  Please share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment