Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays! 7/21

There really wasn't that much happening at the drug stores this week, so I decided to skip CVS and Walgreens and focus on the grocery stores.  I went to Food Lion on Tuesday and Kroger today.

Food Lion was having a great sale on V8-Fusion juice this past week (2/$5), so I picked up 9 bottles using (6) $1.50 coupons and (3) B2G1 coupons - paying only $6 out of pocket for 9 bottles of juice.  BUT, then I got back (4) $1 catalina coupons good for my next trip to Food Lion, making it only $2 for 9 bottles of juice!  Yay!  I also picked up some bananas and a can of diced tomatoes I needed for dinner that night.

Total value of 11 items: $38.32
Total spent after sales and coupons: $8.94
Total saved: $29.29 or 76%!


This week was the last week of the mega sale for Kroger.  I got 30 items from the Mega sale today - mostly mac & cheese cups and tissues (I was down to 2 boxes in my stockpile!  Agh!)!  I also stocked up on FREE Twizzlers and $0.15 notebooks and folders (for my workshops).  I saved a lot this week, but I hate how your total is always higher than usual when there is a mega sale happening!

Total value of 90 items: $146.07
Total spent after sales and coupons: $70.55
Total saved: $75.52 or 52%!


How did you do on your shopping trips this week?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment