Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekly Menu 6/2-8

One of the common misconceptions about couponing is that you only get good deals on junk / processed food and therefore cannot eat healthy and save money.  This, of course, is not true!  While there are many coupons floating around for processed / snack foods, there are also great coupons for all-natural and organic products as well.  And, let's not forget, food is only half of what we use our coupons on.  Part of the idea behind stockpiling is that we use our coupons to buy paper products, personal care items, cleaning supplies, etc. at a deep discount, therefore freeing up more of our money to spend on quality food for our family.

All that said, people are often curious about what we eat during a typical week.  So, I thought it would be fun to post my upcoming weekly meal plan!  This plan is for a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children (ages 2 & 5).  I plan breakfast and lunch mostly based on what the kids will eat, but plan dinner for the whole family.  Part of me is a little nervous to share this - I'll admit that my kids don't eat all-natural and organic every meal!!  (Try not to judge me too harshly!)  While I definitely try to watch what my kids eat and make sure they are getting all the nutrients they need, I don't deprive them of some treats every now and again!  And, I'm not the kind of mom who is against using a processed item once in a while for dinner - especially if I paid little to no money for it!

This will at least give you an idea of what a typical week of meals in our home looks like!

Breakfast
fruit
yogurt
toast
egg biscuits
cinnamon pull-apart bread (trying to use up canned biscuits from the fridge!)  :)
frozen pancakes (from frozen-food mega sale @ Kroger - my kids are pancake freaks!) 
cereal

Lunch
fruit (we keep a LOT on hand and eat some at almost every meal)
deli meat
cheese sticks
grilled cheese sandwiches
peanut butter sandwiches
hotdogs
pretzels / Cheetos (on sale this week @ Food Lion - a treat for my kiddos!)

Dinner
(I need to cook 4 meals this week - 2 nights the kids will eat a quick meal because Dad has softball games & we will go out one night.)
Chicken Penne Bake (made 2 weeks ago and put in freezer - more posts on this to come!)
Salad
Green Beans
frozen rolls
Country Style Steak (crockpot recipe)
mashed potatoes
frozen/steam broccoli
Herbed Pork Chops
rice
baked potato wedges
Baked Spaghetti
Salad
frozen rolls


What are you eating this week?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment