Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays 6/9

I had a FULL day of shopping yesterday!  All in all, I ended up going to 8 stores!!!  (Not all of them for couponing purposes!)  :)  I'm going to highlight the ones where I bought things for the family...

First it was Kroger for my weekly shopping trip.  Kroger was definitely less than thrilling this week, with no real great sales to speak of.  It's been a bit of a sale drought there lately.  I did get 2 FREE Luna bars and a FREE Cliff bar after coupons, so at least that was something.

Total value: $67.40
Total spent: $44.43
Total saved: $22.97 (or 34%)


Next, I made it to CVS.  They had about half of the things I wanted still in stock.  Thank goodness once again for FREE diapers from CVS!  Here's what I ended up buying...



Total value: $31.65
Total spent after sales, coupons & ECBs: $1.18
Total saved: $30.34 (or 96%)!


I also ran in Food Lion for some produce and meat.  While I was there, I picked up two 4-packs of PediaSure for $.99 each after (2) $5 catalina coupons I had been saving!



Total value: $36.34
Total spent: $21.55
Total saved: $14.79 (or 41%)


Next it was on to Staples for some super cheap papertowels!  Bounty paper towels are on sale there for $4.99 right now.  Paired up with a $3 Staples coupon and a $1 Bounty coupon (from the $110 P&G booklet), I got this package for $.99 + tax!



I even made it to Target this week...mainly for a great deal on Nivea body wash.  I almost fell over in the aisle when they actually had a few bottles still on the shelf!  Here's what I got...



Total value: $16.01
Total spent: $4.46
Total saved: $11.55 (or 72%)

So....my totals for the whole day were....

Total value: $157.39
Total spent: $72.88
Total saved: $84.51 or 54%!

I'm always happy when I save at least half!!

So, what great deals did you get this week?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment