Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays

I'm actually posting my Thrifty Thursday report ON THURSDAY this week!!!

I had a full day of shopping today and actually did pretty well at a few stores!  Here we go...


My first store was Walmart.  I had several free product coupons that I had been saving up that were going to expire at the end of the month, so I decided to go in and redeem those while trying to snag a few other deals in the process!  Here's what I got...


Total value: $25.24
Total spent oop after coupons: $1.94
Total saved: $23.30 or 92%!

*****DEAL HIGHLIGHT*****

White Cloud Baby Wipes (80 ct) regularly priced at $1.50
-$1 White Cloud Product coupon from June or July All You Magazine
*makes them $.50 each!

Advil "Pocket Packs" 10 ct (found at the register)
-$4/2 coupon from the 5/22 SS insert
*buy (2), makes them FREE plus $.32 in overage!

********************************

The next store I made it to was the Dollar Tree.  I went in for Father's Day cards and bread.  Here's what I ended up with (minus the Father's Day cards).  If you've never bought greeting cards at Dollar Tree, you should glance at them the next time you're in there.  The ones at our store are very high quality and only $.50!


It's unusual to find the large packs of peanut butter crackers there, so I was excited about that!  (I keep these in the diaper bag.  They come in handy when I need to occupy my children's mouths with something other than screaming!!)  :)  Plus, we are planning on having hamburgers next week, so the buns will come in handy.  I'm planning on splitting the packages of rolls and putting them in the freezer to save for future meals.

Total spent: $11.91


Next on the list was Food Lion.  My main objective there was produce and frozen pizza!  (I would have price matched my Food Lion items at Walmart to save a trip, but they don't always have the prices of everything listed in their ad.)  I also ended up buying some discounted ground beef & steak which drove my total up by about $10.

Total value of 8 items: $34.49
Total spent after sales & coupons: $23.28
Total saved: $11.21 or 67%!


After a break for a doctor's appointment, I quickly ran into CVS to redeem (2) FREE Hershey's candy bar coupons that I printed from their website.  I wanted to make sure I got them this week because Hershey's candy was on sale B2G1 for a penny! 



Total value: $3.60
Total spent after sale & coupons: $0.04
Total spent: $3.56 or 99%


Last, but not least, I finally made it to Kroger at the end of the day.  There is a new mega sale this week with the most exciting items for me being cheap Juicy Juice and FREE baby wipes (of which they had none - of course.)

Total value of 25 items: $57.39
Total spent after sales & coupons: $39.38
Total saved: $18.01 or 31%


All in all, I was pretty pleased with my day!  Here's the grand total:

Total value of all purchases: $132.63
Total spent after sales & coupons:  $76.55
Total saved: $56.08 or 42%!


How have you done this week on your shopping adventures?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment