Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekly Menu 10/30 - 11/5

This is going to be kind of an odd week for us.  I planning on cooking dinner only three nights as we have several evening activities going on this week. 

This week, I decided to add in my afternoon snack plan in addition to my usual breakfast, lunch, and dinners.  Every day, my daughter gets off the bus starving, and I have found that it makes my life much easier if I plan out ahead of time what to feed her every day!  (It also allows me to make healthier choices instead of grabbing the first thing I find in the pantry!)  I don't plan snacks for Saturday or Sunday because our weekends are so crazy, we usually don't end up needing them.

So, with that said, here's what we'll be eating this coming week!  (Remember, the lunches listed are only for my daughter who is in elementary school.  My younger daughter and I usually just eat what we find in the fridge!)


Sunday
Breakfast:  Breakfast Basket (I keep a basket filled with breakfast items - cereal bars, poptarts, fruit, etc. that the kids can choose from when we're in a hurry.  Usually things I've gotten on recent sales at Kroger!)
Lunch:  (Out!  A Sunday tradition!)
Dinner:  (Out with Dad - I have a workshop Sunday night)

Monday
Breakfast:  Potato Cakes (from the freezer)
Lunch:  PB&J / chips / strawberries / fruit snacks
Snack:  microwave popcorn / yogurt smoothies (from a recent Kroger sale)
Dinner:  (Chilli & Grilled Cheese at in-laws house.  A HALLOWEEN tradition!)

Tuesday
Breakfast:  muffins (from freezer)
Lunch:  Lunchable (from a recent Kroger sale) / yogurt
Snack:  Mudballs
Dinner:  "Easy Bake" pork chops / roasted asparagus ($0.99 at Kroger through Satuday) / hashbrowns (from freezer)

Wednesday
Breakfast:  scrambled eggs / toast
Lunch:  Turkey & cheese sandw. / pretzels / applesauce / candy (from Halloween stash)
Snack:  apple slices w/ peanut butter
Dinner:  (Out!  This is my birthday so I'm not cooking!)

Thursday
Breakfast:  cereal w/ milk
Lunch:  school lunch (we allow our daughter to buy lunch twice a week)
Snack:  Mudballs
Dinner:  Spaghetti with meatballs (from the freezer) / salad / rolls (from the freezer)

Friday
Breakfast:  pancakes (from freezer)
Lunch:  school lunch
Snack:  Homemade cheese crackers / yogurt smoothies
Dinner:  (Out!  Another birthday dinner!)

Saturday
Breakfast:  muffins (from freezer)
Lunch:  (Birthday party)
Dinner:  Turkey Sloppy Joes (from freezer) / baked french fries / left over salad


Freezer Cooking Plan
Hashbrowns
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Chicken Meatballs (Found in a recent magazine article.  Will let you know how they turn out!)
Homemade Cheese Crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment