Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Thrifty Thursday 10/20

I have to admit that this wasn't the thriftiest Thursday I've ever had.  My Kroger trip included only 2 coupons!  (I know, I can hardly believe it myself!)  And, I made a quick trip into Big Lots for some bath mats and ended up splurging on some treats for the kids which threw my budget off quite a bit.  However, my CVS trip and a few Food Lion deals helped to make up for it!

CVS had Almay cosmetics on sale this week, and I happened to have a $5/2 Almay Cosmetics CVS coupon AND a $3/1 Almay Cosmetics CVS coupon AND a $3/$10 cosmetics purchase coupon, so I had quite a money maker on my hands this week!  I used the extra ECBs I earned plus a $5 store coupon to buy some pull-ups and diapers!


Total value:  $43.72
Total spent oop: $1.82
Total saved: $41.90 or 96%!
(I used $4 ECBs on this purchase and got back $12!  A $8 money-maker!!)


I also made a trip to Food Lion yesterday.  I am beginning to find that I like Food Lion's produce section much better than Kroger's.  Plus, they tend to have a lot more meat marked down than Kroger does.  This week, they happen to be having their "cart buster" event - which is basically the same as a "mega sale" at Kroger.  When you buy 10 things, you get $5 off your total purchase.

One GREAT deal they had was on single rolls of Brawny paper towels.  They were on sale for $1 and, if you purchase 10 participating "cart buster" items, you get them for $0.50.  There happened to be a $0.50 coupon for Brawny paper towels in the 9/25 SmartSource insert, which made them FREE!  I ended up getting 9 rolls (I only had 1 other "cart buster" item I wanted to buy) & I had coupons for 4 of them, making it $2.50 for 9 rolls of paper towels!  Not bad!


Total value of all purchases at Food Lion: $59.59
Total spent after sales and coupons:  $26.38
Total saved:  $33.31 or 56%!

How did you do on your shopping trips this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment