Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

DIY: Ranch Salad Dressing and Dip!

The hubby and I have been watching our diets as of late and I've found that often times I miss just being able to MUNCH on something without having to think about how many I ate or how many calories it was.

That's why I was so excited to find this Ranch Dip recipe!  It's simple to make and very healthy for you!  In fact, if you're on the Weight Watchers diet plan, you can have 2 tablespoons of this with veggies for 0 points!  (And, for dip, 2 tablespoons is a lot!) 

And, of course, it's CHEAP to make!  :)



Here's what you do:

Ingredients
5 tbsp dried minced onion
7 tsp parsley flakes
4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder

-Mix all the ingredients stogether and store in an air tight container.  (I used a small jar I had on hand.)


To make dip:
Mix 2 tbsp dry mix with 2 cups fat free sour cream.  Allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving so all flavors blend well.

To make salad dressing:
Mix 2 tbsp dry mix with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream.  Allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving so all flavors blend well.

What a yummy, healthy, and CHEAP treat!  It's great to keep on hand as something you can easily whip up when company is coming over.  Plus, you can make as much or as little at a time as you like, so half of it doesn't end up being wasted!

I also think this would make a super cute gift for family, friends, teachers, etc.  Just tie a tag around the jar with directions for how to make the dip or salad dressing!

If you try this recipe, let me know if you like it!  You can see the original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment