Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Busy Bag Idea: Fuzzy Marble Scoopers!

The first time my  oldest daughter saw a pom-pom ball, she called it a "Fuzzy Marble," and the name has stuck ever since!  So, that's why I call my newest Busy Bag creation "Fuzzy Marble Scoopers!"  I sometimes struggle to come up with busy bags that keep my 2 year old occupied for very long, but she LOVED this one and has played with it several times since I first put it together.



This busy bag is super simple to create and can, once again, be made using items you probably already have or can purchase at your local dollar store.

Makes me wonder why we spend so much money at Christmas.....

Here's what you need:

2 plastic bowls (of any kind/size)
pom-pom balls
plastic spoon
small tongs (I added chopsticks later and the kids love those too!)
gallon size zip-top bag

Here's what you do:

Place the two bowls out for your child.  Fill one up with pom-pom balls.  Give your child the spoon or the tongs/chopsticks and have them transfer the pom-poms from one bowl to the other.  THAT'S IT!  When they are done, store it in the zip-top bag.

I told you it was simple!  You will be amazed at how long your child will do this!



My 5 year old even got in on the action one day!


If you missed my original post about Busy Bags, you can check it out here.  These are a life-saver for me when I'm cooking dinner in the evenings!!

Have you had any great ideas for Busy Bags?  I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment