Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kroger Meal Ideas

I by no means consider myself to be a great cook (my friends are all smiling now...), but I often have people tell me that they go to the store and get all these great deals but then don't know what to make with them once they get home.  This is especially difficult when you are just starting out with couponing and haven’t built up your stockpile yet.

So, I’ve decided to try and put together a couple of meal ideas for you based on what is on sale at Kroger this week!  (I’ve also thrown in a couple of random sale items that you might want to pick up.)  Keep in mind – I said I’m not much of a cook – so these are going to be SIMPLE recipes that ANYONE can make!!  Kroger’s sale ad runs 2 weeks at a time, so I’ll try to make a list of meal ideas at least twice a month.

If you have any other good meal ideas based on this week’s sales, please share them!


Breakfast Items

Kroger Medium Dozen Eggs $.50ea

Krusteaz Pancake Mix $1.60 (Mega Sale price)
-$.50mc (SS 8/22) = $.69ea

Krusteaz Muffin Mix $1.49 (Mega Sale price)  **My FAVORITE muffin mix!**
-$.50mc (SS 10/17) = $.49ea

Jimmy Dean Sausage Roll 12 - 16oz B1G1 @ $4.59
-$.75/2mc (RP 10/10) = $1.92ea


Dinner Ideas

Mushroom Gravy Pork Chops (for the crock pot) 

Ingredients:

Bone-In Mixed Pork Chops $1.99lb
(2) cans Campbells “great for cooking” Cream of Mushroom Soup $.49 (Mega Sale Price) -$.25/4mc (SS 11/7) = $.37ea
Salt & Pepper (or I like to use Nature’s Season’s seasoning blend)
½ can water

Directions:

Put pork chops in bottom of slow cooker.  Season with salt and pepper.  Mix cream of mushroom soup with water and pour over pork chops.  Let simmer all day on low until meat is flaky, tender, and done.


Baked Pasta

Ingredients:

Ronzoni Healthy Harvest or Smart Taste tube or spiral pasta $.79ea (Mega Sale price)
Kroger Jar Pasta Sauce $1 (or use any you already have on hand)
Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese (hopefully you have some from the Kraft sale a few weeks ago!)
½ - 1 lb ground beef, cooked (optional)

Directions:

Toss cooked pasta with pasta sauce and shredded cheese in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.  (Mix in cooked ground beef if desired.)  Top with more cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees until cheese has melted.


Mexican Chicken

Ingredients:

(4) Tyson Split Chicken Breast $.99 lb
4 tsp taco seasoning (Kroger brand runs around $.60 a package, I think – don’t quote me)
1 cup Chi Chi’s salsa $1.49 (Mega Sale price)
1 cup shredded cheese
Sour cream (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place chicken in greased 9x13in baking dish.  Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides.  Pour salsa over all.  Bake 25 – 35 minutes.  Sprinkle cheese over chicken and bake 3 – 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Top with sour cream if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Recipes sound great. Thanks for the ideas and coupon info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipes. I liked this post so much I suggested it on my blog! Thank you for sharing all your hard work. =)

    ReplyDelete