Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I know you haven't heard anything new from me in a few days, but Thanksgiving is always a really busy time around my house with all the cooking, family to visit, shopping to do, and Christmas decorations to put up!  I hope it was a wonderful time for your family this year!

Did you brave the crowds for Black Friday?  I usually try not to get out in all of that mess unless there is a REALLY great deal.  But, this year there wasn't much that thrilled me.  My husband did go out and get a few things Friday morning, but, the only place I made it to was CVS.  I wanted to make sure I got at least some of the freebies they were offering up this weekend! 

Walgreens had some great freebies for Black Friday also, but I was told by a store employee that my Walgreens was going to be limiting shoppers to two transactions this weekend, so I didn't bother going b/c I knew I would not want to pay extra money out of pocket for what they had on sale. 

Here was my CVS deal...


Total Value of all 11 Items: $53.66

Okay, can I just stop right there for a minute?  I could NOT believe that it would have cost me $53 to buy 11 things had I walked in there with no CVS card or ECB's!!!  That just seems a little outrageous to me.  Okay...continuing on...

Total Spent OOP: $1.48 (once again put on a gift card!  yay!)
Total ECB's Received: $40.89

I had a lot of ECB's to start with, so I was able to do this all in one transaction.  And, I actually MADE 10 ECB's on this deal!  I am really hoping to geta good deal on diapers next week because I really need to stock up and have a good number of ECB's to play with now!

Did you get any great Black Friday deals?  I'd love for you to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment