Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays!

Today was quite a busy day.  It started off with my daughter's preschool graduation.  I can't believe she is already finished with preschool and going to be starting Kindergarten in just a few short months!  Time sure does fly!

Then, after a quick trip to the hair salon, I started my shopping for the day.  I made it to Kroger, Walgreens, and Walmart today.  (I only went to Walmart to pick up some pull-ups & new socks for my daughter, but did buy a watermelon while I was there - I couldn't resist!) 

Kroger wasn't too thrilling, but I did pick up 4 bottles of Wishbone salad dressing for $.25 each, 4 bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce for $.50 each, and Oscar Meyer hotdogs for $.75 each. 

Total value of 35 items: $93.67
Total amount spent oop: $43.33
Total amount saved: $50.34 (or 54%)

Next, I went to Walgreens where, believe it or not, they had EVERYTHING on my list still in stock!!  Including all the items I had rainchecks for from last week.


I was excited to see that my store had the Gillette gift packs as part of the Gillette Fusion register reward deal!  It includes a razor, extra blade, battery, shave gel, and face cream all for the same price as the regular one count razor!  I was also happy about the Viva paper towels because they are my FAVORITE, but I usually don't splurge on them. 

That said, I spent way more than I usually do at Walgreens this week.  But, I just could not pass up the contact solution and paper towels.  I started with $5 RR from 2 weeks ago and I did 6 transactions to bring my out of pocket total down.

Total Value of 21 items: $85.24
Total amount spent out of pocket: $15.33
Total amount saved: $69.91 (82%)!

I also went in the Dollar Tree store today to see if they had any bread in and they did! 


Not bad for $4!

How did you do on your shopping trip this week?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment