Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Impromptu Shopping Trip = BIG Savings!!

Today, while the girls were napping, I decided to run out to CVS and Food Lion to pick up a few freebies!  (Don't worry.  My husand was home - I didn't leave the girls alone!!)  :)


I was surprised to find that CVS actually had everything I wanted except for the Suave bodywash.  Here's what I got...



I was so excited to get a good deal on diapers because we were down to one pack!  Same goes for the pasta sauce, too! 

Total value of 14 items:  $62.61
Total amount spent oop:  $1.97!!
(I used just over $28 on this trip and got back $26!)

Next it was on to Food Lion.  When I was there last week, I picked up a box of Purina One Beyond cat food that was on sale for $2 and I had a $2 coupon that I had gotten with a free sample in the mail.  I noticed that in this past week's paper there was another $2 coupon for any Purina One cat food product, so I went back to get more!  (Today was the last day of that sale.)  I also wanted to see if I could use the $1 off ANY Marcal Small Steps product coupon that was in this past Sunday's RedPlum insert to get any deals.  And I did!!!  I found single rolls of paper towls regularly priced at $1.19 and 4 packs of toilet paper regularly priced at $1.49!!  I opted for the paper towels....




Total value of 8 items:  $17.40
Total amount spent oop: $1.40
Savings = $16 or 92%!!!

And, finally, I ended my shopping trip with a stop at McDonald's where I used my FREE Frozen Strawberry Lemonade coupon to get a nice treat!!




I'm hoping I do this well on Thursday when I do the rest of my shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment