Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays!

I know, I know...it's Friday, not Thursday....AGAIN!  :)  By the time I get home from shopping on Thursday, fix dinner, and get kids in the bed, I just can't seem to make it to the computer.  (The only reason I'm writing this now is because my wonderful mother is watching my kids while they nap!  Gotta love Grammy!!!)

Anyway, yesterday was a pretty good shopping trip for me!  I went to Walmart, Walgreens, and Kroger.

Now, I know what you're thinking.....WALMART?!  But, I had to go there to get a specific item, so while I was there I picked up a few cheap and/or free things!!  I got FREE dental floss and tomoto paste and boxes of Gain fabric softener sheets for $0.12 each!  Except for the fact that they were out of the cat food and Dial lotion that I wanted, I was pretty happy with that trip!



Total value of 10 items = $20.43
Total spent after coupons = $0.43!  (98% savings!)

Now, on to Walgreens.  I wasn't exactly sure how my trip was going to go there.  I never know what they are still going to have in stock by the time I get there on Thursdays, so I usually write out my "dream transactions" and then have to readjust them once I'm in the store!  My main goal was to get some inexpensive coffee and peanut butter, and I managed to do just that!  I used overage on the Pedia Care along with 2 $1 coupons and a $1 RR to go towards the coffee (protein bars were free after coupons and Easter bag was a filler item - $0.27) and then used the $1 RR I got back from the coffee to go towards the peanut butter!

Total value = $28.83
Total spent oop after sales and coupons = $2.56
Total savings = $26.27 (91%!)

Last, but not least, I went to Kroger.  Now, I didn't have much of a trip planned for Kroger.  In fact, most of the items on my list did not involve coupons at all.  However, as I was loading digital coupons to my Kroger card from their website (I do this every week when I make my shopping list), I noticed some high value coupons for personal care and cleaning items that I knew I had paper coupons for also, so I decided to check them out while I was there.  I've listed all the deals I found below.  I don't know which inserts the paper coupons were from b/c they had already been cut out and were in my binder.  But, if you have them and can head to Kroger today or tomorrow, you can get hopefully get some of these deals too!  Here's what I ended up finding....

Gilette Fusion razor  $6.99 (I can't remember the exact price but it was NOT more than $7)
-used $4 paper coupon with $3 digital coupon to get it FREE!

Shick Hydro razor  $5.99
-used $2 paper coupon with $4 digital coupon to get it FREE!

Tide Stain Release 18ct. packs or 30ish oz liquid  $5.99
-used $3 paper coupon with $3 digital coupon to get it FREE!

Pampers Baby Wipes tub  $2.61
-used $0.50 paper coupon (doubled) with $1 digital coupon to get it for $0.61!

Olay Regenerist Cleanser  $5.26
-used $3 paper coupon with $2 digital coupon to get it for $0.26!
*PLUS*
-used paper coupon good for a "FREE lotion, body wash, or bar soap when you buy ay Olay cleanser or moisturizer" to get a FREE in-shower body lotion!

Oral B Stages toothbrush  $1.29 (found in clearance section)
-used $0.50 paper coupon (doubled) with $0.50 digital coupon to get it FREE plus overage!

Tampax Pearl tampons 18 ct  $4.39
-used $2 paper coupon with $2 digital coupon to get it for $0.39!  (you could get the scented 18 count boxes for FREE instead!)

As you can see, I ended up scoring some pretty great deals!!!  Now, on to my totals....

Total value of 43 items = $126.77
Total spent out of pocket after sales and coupons = $56.49
Total amount saved = $70.28 (or 56%!)

Not bad for a trip planned using only 3 coupons!  :)


Totals for the whole day...

Total number of items purchased = 61
Total value of all items = $176.25
Total spent out of pocket after sales & coupons = $59.48
Total savings = $116.77 or 66%

No comments:

Post a Comment