Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

February Totals

For those of you who are new to my blog, you may or may not know that our family's monthly grocery budget (for a family of 4) is $300 a month - which includes all food, personal care items, paper products, cleaning supplies...even diapers!  I thought I would give you my total numbers for the month of February so you could see how well I stick to that number.

Total value of all items bought:  $660.29
Total amount of money spent out of pocket after sales and coupons: $256.18
Total savings: $402.77 or 61%

I did pretty well in February, staying under budget by more than $40.  This is not to say that I am ALWAYS under budget.  There are months when I do go over a little.  (Rarely more than $50.)  But, because of months like this where I am able to save quite a bit, it all pretty much evens out by the end of the year.

When we get to the end of March, I hope to break my totals down by store so that you can see how much money I end up saving at each of the 4 main stores I shop at.

No comments:

Post a Comment