Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays - Another Friday Edition!

Have you all noticed yet that it's almost impossible for me to keep this blog updated regularly!  :)  I'm sure it has nothing to do with my two kids.....

ANYWAY, here are the totals from my shopping trip yesterday.  I made it to Walgreens and Kroger.  It had been a while since I shopped at Walgreens, and - of course - they were out of pretty much everything I wanted, but I did find the Aquaphor lip balm and used the RR's I got back to buy my daughter's birthday party invitations and two packages of Always pads that I were $.69 after clearance prices and $1 coupons.  (By the way - be on the lookout for upcoming posts on how I am trying to make my almost 2-year old's birthday party as frugal as possible!)

Total value of 4 items at Walgreens: $23.04
Total Spent OOP: $4.69
RR's Remaining: $1

My Kroger trip was decent enough.  I found Balance Bars on clearance for $.50 each and had $1/3 coupons that made them $.16 each.  I also got 8 FREE bags of cat treats for my brother!  But, the best deal I got was a FREE Gilette Proglide razor - on sale for $6.99 and I used the $4 mc from the recent P&G and a $3 kroger digital coupon!

Total Value of 42 items: $129.20
Total Spent OOP: $58.89
Total Savings: $70.31 (55%!)

On a side note, when I went to CVS earlier in the week, I didn't realize that the Kids Oral-B battery powered toothbrushes were part of the ECB deal.  However, my mom told me today that she saw that they were.  Sooooo, I took one of mine back and exchanged it for a Cinderella toothbrush for my 4 year old to put in her Easter basket!  She will be thrilled and it didn't cost me a dime!  I'm going to be on the lookout now for good Easter basket fillers.  If you come across any, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment