Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thrifty Thursdays!

I have two confessions to make this week. 

Number one - I do not feel like today's grocery shopping trip was very thrifty.  I have been a little behind in cutting out my coupons and didn't spend as much time as I usually do getting my shopping list ready this week, so I felt like I probably could have done a little better.

Number two - I actually shopped at Walmart today.  I know, I know!  I try to stay away from Walmart at all costs, but, I had to go there to get a couple of Christmas gifts and figured that while I was there, I would pick up some of the things on my grocery list that weren't on sale at Kroger this week.  (The "needs" part of my shopping list was longer than usual this week b/c we have a Christmas party to go to on Saturday that I have to cook for.) 

ANYWAY....that said, even though I did save some money, it was still one of those days when I came home from the store thinking..."How did I spend that much money on what little I bought?!"  It just goes to show you what a difference buying things on sale makes!  Here are the totals....

Total value of all items bought at Kroger and Walmart: $114.73
Total amount spent out of pocket after sales and coupons: $67.60
Total amount saved: $47.13 or 41%

Did any of you get any great deals at Kroger this week?  If so, I'd love to hear about them!  Just leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment