Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays!

This week, I made it to Walgreens, CVS, and Kroger!  I got several free things this week, which is always exciting!

I went to Walgreens mostly because they had Purex laundry detergent on sale for $.99 after coupons.  We recently got a new washer & dryer and while I have probably 15 bottles of laundry detergent in my stockpile, none of it was the kind I needed for the new washer!!!  So...I've been looking for laundry detergent deals lately!  While I was there, I picked up some better than free toothpaste, some Easter M&M's and a few other small Easter basket items for my girls.  (Sorry, no picture this week.  I put everything away before I realized I hadn't taken a picture of it yet!)

Total value of 10 items = $39.07
Total spent out of pocket after sales, coupons, and Register Rewards = $6.62
I did not leave the store with any Register Rewards left over today.  I bought the toothpaste first, which generated the Register Rewards, and then used them to buy the laundry detergent and the candy.

Next was CVS.  I went in to pick up all the free items from the ad this week.  They were out the GUM flossers and Crest Rinse, so I got rainchecks for those.  Here are the things I did buy...


Total value of 9 items = $31.39
Total spent out of pockets after sales, coupons, and Extra Care Bucks (I used $12.58 in ECBs) = $1.64
Total Extra Care Bucks received = $13.97
I'm always happy when I get back more ECBs than I used!  Yay!

Last, I made my weekly trip to Kroger.  I really didn't have many coupon deals planned except for a few of Mega Sale items & some free toothbrushes (pictured below).  The rest was mostly produce and dairy items.

 
I only spent $3.96 on everything pictured above!  Not too bad since they are all definitely things I will use.  (Well, except for the toothbrushes - I'll be giving lots of those away!)

Total value of 37 items = $103.09
Total spent out of pocket after sales and coupons = $45.58
Total saved = $57.51 (or 57%!)

No comments:

Post a Comment