Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays!

Yesterday I made shopping trips to CVS, Walgreens, Food Lion, AND Kroger!  This was a long day for me as I haven't shopped that many stores in one day in a while!! 

I started with CVS where I just wanted to pick up some free toothbrushes and cheap shave gel, but because I got $1 ECB back from using my green bag tag that I wasn't expecting, I actually made money on this!


Total Value = $11.27
Total amount spent out of pocket = $0.02
I used $7 ECB toward this purchase but got back $7.50! 

Next, I went in to Walgreens for some free items and cheap apple juice.  (We were down to 1 jug and my kids would not be happy if we ran out!)  :)


Total value of 14 items: $34.70
Total spent out of pocket after sales, coupons, and Register Rewards = $5.29
I made 4 transactions in this visit.

Next, I went in to Food Lion just to get cheap potatoes, ground beef, FREE butter, and cheap barbeque sauce.  I also ended up picking up some deli turkey b/c I didn't realize it was on sale!

Total value of 14 items = $36.96
Total spent after sales & coupons = $16.84
Total savings = $20.12 or 54%

Last, but not least, I made my weekly trip to Kroger.  There was nothing terribly exciting to talk about this week.  My favorite coffee was on sale, which was nice, and I picked up some cheap cinnamon rolls as a treat for the kids to have this weekend.  Oh, and the Nabisco Snak Saks were on sale for $1 again!  I bought 5 bags to add to the ones I still have left over from the last sale so we will be stocked for the spring months.  They are only on sale through Saturday, so if you want to get any, hurry over there!

Total value of 35 items = $112.04
Total spent after sales & coupons = $66.34
Total savings = $45.70 or 41%


Whew!  just typing all of that makes me remember how tired I was when I got home!!  How did you all do this week?  I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

  1. What coffee was on sale at Kroger? Maybe it's my favorite also.

    ReplyDelete