Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays - Friday edition!

Since everyone in my house has been so sick, I am STILL not back on a regular "shopping schedule," but I did manage to make it to a few stores this week (Thank you, Memaw!)! 

Kroger has a new mega sale going on....buy any 10 participating items, get $3 off instantly AND a coupon good for $3 off your next purchase.  This was by no means a thrilling sale, but if you added the $3 coupon in to your savings, there were a few good deals.....including Chef Boy R D pasta (I know that's not how you spell that, but I can never remember...) and Capris Sun juice pouches.  You could also get Pillsbury canned biscuits for $0.50 a can if you have the $1/2 printable.  Anyway, here were my totals...

Total value of 44 items: $115.98
Total spent out of pocket: $60.65
Total saved with sales & coupons: $55.33 or 48%
*I also left with one $3 coupon good on my next purchase.

I also went to Food Lion to pick up some ground beef.  I can always seem to find discounted meat at my local Food Lion....definitely cheaper than Kroger!

Total value of 5 items: $11.13
Total spent out of pocket: $11.13
Total saved: $0  :(  (I didn't even take my coupons in!)

Last, but not least, I made it to CVS this week also!  This was a good trip for me because I got another great deal on diapers!!!



Total value of 7 items: $44.49
Total spent out of pocket after sales, coupons, and ECB's: $2.05
Total saved: $42.44 or 95%!!

I had a $5 off $30 CVS coupon for this transaction, a CVS coupon for FREE pantiliners that printed from the coupon kiosk, and I used $13.38 ECB's.  BUT, I got back $14.58 in ECB's, so I made more than I spent!

On a side note...if you look at the bottom of your CVS receipt, you will see that it keeps track of your year-to-date savings.  I was looking at my receipts for 2010 earlier today and noticed that the last one I had for 2010 said my year-to-date savings was $1820.62!!!!!  Also, in November of last year, my brother gave me a $15 gift card that I have been using ever since for my deals each week.  So far, I have been able to buy $273.65 worth of stuff with my $15 gift card and still have $4.35 left over!

I LOVE CVS!!!!!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment